Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speak feature speaks in another language - sometimes

I am asking for a friend who is in hospital and relies totally on the accessibility feature to read her messages to her.

Just recently in the occasional message it will read the message in another language.

This is just random.

I have checked that the language section is set to only English

the key board language is English.

The region selected is Australia and the Advanced section region, English is set and Automatic has been turned off.

She is running version 9.01

I have had her forward the message to me but my ipad to test if it is the message itself - but on my ipad it plays in English.

It is not only emails but also in the ipad message feature where some messages read in another language.

It is not from the same person but from different people.

Is there a patch for this issue - or some sort of solution please. My friend is in a terrible situation where for some reason she can no longer hear some of the messages she desperately needs to hear.

Hope someone can help.

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:40 AM

There are no replies.

Speak feature speaks in another language - sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.