Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New auto-installed apps can't be deleted?

First, we were given a "free" gift, a bunch of songs we didn't want to hear, that for some reason kept popping up in our I-tunes even when we thought we had deleted them. Now, with each iOS update, we get another "standard" app. These are apps that are not integral to the functioning of the device, but they can't be deleted from the phone or pad. It's an irritating and even disturbing trend that will encourage me to reach for another brand next time I need a new device.

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:32 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 5:43 AM in response to zq48

These are apps that are not integral to the functioning of the device,

They are part an integral part of IOS and cannot be deleted. If you feel you cannot live with this then I would suggest you explore a device running a different platform.

You can simply store all the builtin apps you do not use into a single folder on your device. They are still they but are unobtrusive.

Oct 7, 2015 5:58 AM in response to raymond73

I certainly will go to a different device next time I need to buy one. These apps were not an issue when I bought my current devices. I don't understand how the "Find Friends" app, for example, can be integral to the functioning of the device. If it is, then that in itself is a design flaw.

New auto-installed apps can't be deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.