Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated 9.whatever.2, iMessage not sending

I was having problems when I update to ISO 9, but now after the newest update. I can't send iMessages to people with iPhones. They keep going through as regular text messages. I'm connect to wifi. I've turned messages off and on, reset the network and it still doesn't work. So glad I didn't update my ipad as it's the only way I can send messages unless I use my cell data. This is getting ridiculous!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:12 AM

6 replies

Oct 7, 2015 5:57 AM in response to joiner54

i am having the same issue I update when it first came out and the issue just started last night. People are getting my

messages it's just not showing me that it has been delivered. I have the send as SMS feature turned off on my phone it doesn't try to send the message as a text. indid however send a picture to someone last night and it sent as a iMessage (didn't say delivere) they received it and I noticed that it had not sent so I pushed it through as a SMS and they ended up getting it twice.

updated 9.whatever.2, iMessage not sending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.