Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I solve Unsupported GPU problem (i.e. on DaVinci Resolve or ColorFinale)?

I have a Macbook Pro (13-inches, Late 2011, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory) running OS 10.11 and I've recently started working with color correction for videos. I've been trying to use DaVinci Resolve and ColorFinale, but I've had the same problem with both: Unsupported GPU. When I try to use ColorFinale, it doesn't even open, just tells me "Unsupported GPU". DaVinci Resolve opens, but after a few seconds it automatically shuts down.

Any thoughts on how it can be solved? I have a native Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB graphic card.

I'm a beginner, so sorry if I'm repeating a question here.

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:01 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 8:33 AM in response to Alan Tonello

You are trying to do Industrial Strength work with a consumer-strength MacBook that has only the Intel3000 graphics and no more.

There is no place to plug in a third-party graphics card, even if one were available (which it is not). Pluggable graphics cards are available on the (now discontinued) Mac Pro 42 lb silver towers. The current Mac Pro is an 11in tall dark cylinder that features two built-in Graphics cards, not replaceable.

More recent 15" MacBooks have either the (much more capable) Intel Iris graphics or an additional discrete graphic chip on the motherboard, so they are more capable than the MacBook you have now -- but do your homework and make sure the software you want to use supports the graphic capabilities of the computer you choose. In most cases, you cannot upgrade later.

How can I solve Unsupported GPU problem (i.e. on DaVinci Resolve or ColorFinale)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.