Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mind finder

Hi there, I will like to make a suggestion to the way finder works with its folders and files. It will be great that finder can work as a mind map. A mind map is more dynamic and easy to have access to folders and files, also it make things work more linked.

I think finder should evolve, have passed so many years and it stills almost the same. For example, you should make notes to your folders while you enter them, add images (not just the icon), view and access all your info in a better way. Finder is the brain of the computer and not the place where you just store your info; thats not just a pile of files that you have to organize, you should define a criteria. I know the way it works now gives users flexibility to define their folders, but I think is not enough. When you have a lot of info to work with, you dont want to enter to each file and understand it, is much better that all info its explained in the finder, that it works by it self and have a general idea of the content, and if you want to have a deeper info you just enter to your files.

Also calendar and reminders should work that way, the reminders should be add to files or people. For example, you have an appointment with "Ana" you just drag your calendar to that contact and thats it or for for example you have to give a work for Thursday, you just drag your reminder to that file.

Finder should work similar to a flowchart, you should be able to make notes, explain things, link criteria, remind us things, tell us if something is shared with other users and so on. I like to understand in a better way the content of my computer without opening the files, thats for me one of the clue things and I will try to explain it better. For example, if Im studying ancient history, I will like that I can give folders a brief explanation or summary to each content that belongs to ancient history and all kind of subjects that belong to that period as ancient rome, ancient greek, ancient Egypt and so on; all this without entering a file or open all files of that content; I will like that finder will give the chance to learn, to work and to understand things, if I want extra info I enter to my files and continue reading and understanding what I already learned by just looking at my finder, my brain. Perhaps some things of my IOS work already like that and I don´t know them, but in a general idea I think if that happens is not clear enough. Thank you very much, hope you take into account my suggestions, it will be really really great.

iOS 9.0.2, Finder

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:43 AM

1 reply

Mind finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.