Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does itunes work with windows 10?

My iPhone 5 will not sync on itunes since I upgraded to windows 10, please advise?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:15 AM

11 replies

Oct 7, 2015 5:51 AM in response to Derek Bunce

Try Andrei Cerbu's post here, JF Fourie's post here, or see iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows. Replace the device driver even if it appears to be installed correctly. I found I needed to have the device connected for it to appear in device manager.

If that doesn't sort it out try a full tear down and rebuild of iTunes. See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for general advice.

tt2

Oct 7, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Derek Bunce

Hello

I too am having the same problem, apart from I'm using an iPhone6. I've spoken to both Microsoft and a Senior Technician at Apple about this, Apple have told me it's because Microsoft updates are behind with Apple's iTunes 12.3 update and iOS 9.0.1/ 9.0.2 updates so it's Microsoft who need to release software updates for Windows 10 for iTunes to work. How ever I spoke to a Microsoft tech yesterday (06/10/2015) who has told me it's in fact Apple who need to release an update!

So I'm not really sure when the problem will be fixed now!

Oct 7, 2015 7:16 AM in response to Derek Bunce

Hi Derek

Have you tried the following? I have just tried this and it's worked! 🙂 Hope you have the same outcome!

Close iTunes

Plug iPhone into USB on Laptop/PC

Open Control Panel

Go to Device Manager

Drop down Portable Devices

Right click on Apple iPhone

Select Properties

Select Driver tab

Click Update Driver

Select Browse my computer

Click Browse...

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

Windows does the rest

Plug in iPhone

Oct 12, 2015 2:54 PM in response to Jazz1978

Try the following:

1. Open Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Plug in your device
  3. Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  6. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  7. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  9. Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager

Similar to method Nathan suggested but it should make Windows reinstall the drive even if it doesn't think it needs to.

If that hasn't fixed things see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. A full tear down and rebuild may be in order.

tt2

does itunes work with windows 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.