Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Credit Card Verification

I've had an Apple ID for years now, with my associated credit card account, which I use to purchase apps etc. from my iPhone. I've never used the App Store on my MacBook Pro though.

I'm required to update my OS in order to run some new software, but upon opening the App Store on my MacBook, I'm being prompted to enter my Apple ID information, along with my credit card information. However, when I enter my credit card information (which is exactly the same as what I use through my iPhone), it won't accept it, instead displaying a red box vaguely referring me to the Apple Support website.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it? I've double and triple checked that I'm not entering my information wrong, and that it's not a problem with my credit card - neither of these are the issue.

Please help, without being able to log into the App Store, I'm stuck with my old OS, and can't run the software that I desperately need...

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 9:20 AM

iTunes and the App Store on your iPhone and iTunes and the Mac App Store on your Mac, use the same account. If you are signing into the Mac App Store on your Mac with the same Apple ID as you use in the App Store on your phone, then there is no need to set up an account as you are describing, the bank card information should already be there.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 9:20 AM in response to cfromctown

iTunes and the App Store on your iPhone and iTunes and the Mac App Store on your Mac, use the same account. If you are signing into the Mac App Store on your Mac with the same Apple ID as you use in the App Store on your phone, then there is no need to set up an account as you are describing, the bank card information should already be there.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

App Store Credit Card Verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.