Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 in revovery mode, itunes gives error 4005 while resporting, tinyumbrella does not give met the "exit recovery mode" option

Hi all,

yesterday my Iphone 6 just fell out out of nothing, hard reset didn't work. Itunes recognises my phone as being in recovery mode and when I try to fix it via itunes i always get the '4005' error, tried it on 4 computers so far, always the same.

As I actually don't want to lose my numbers, pictures and messages and nothing is on my icloud, s I tried tinyumbrella (my phone is not jailbreaked!) and when I connect him I don't get the option "exit recovery" or "fix recovery" as mentioned on several manuals like this one: https://www.enigma-recovery.com/fix-iphone-stuck-recovery-mode/, the only thing I can do is "fetch OTA" (whatever that might be ;-)).

My phone is recognised as DFU--iPhone 7.2

Underneath you can find the screen I get in tinyumbrella, is this because the last available version is beta? What can I do about this?

Thanks for your help!

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:46 AM

1 reply

Iphone 6 in revovery mode, itunes gives error 4005 while resporting, tinyumbrella does not give met the "exit recovery mode" option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.