Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help! Ipod is working, shows red battery percentage but doesn't show solid orange when I try to charge.

Hi there!

I think this problem may be my fault as I have been very busy with my exams for the past three months and neglected to charge my ipod shuffle (second generation). When I tried to charge it today, it blinks orange repeatedly when plugged into the wall port via usb, then the light disappears, leaving me to believe it isn't charging.

It can't play music.

It shows up on itunes when I plug it into my computer.

After searching the net I finally resorted to 1) updating my ipod 2)restoring my ipod

The restore worked partially, as now when I switch on my ipod it shows the red light and successfully plays music.

But when I plug it into the wall socket/computer, it still repeatedly blinks orange, then the light disappears completely.

My ipod is already a few years old, so is this a normal battery problem, should I be worried and how should I fix it?

Thank you so much in advance! I hope you guys can help me~! 😢

iPod shuffle

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:11 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 12:56 AM in response to nimblefire

I have the same issue (except I dont plug mine into the wall I just use the Dock, and Ive only noticed the light not staying on while its on the dock so I dont know when it turns green to indicate when the battery is fully charged. Also when I sync/autofill the message 'All the songs that is in 'Everything'(the playlist I use to fill the iPod) is on this iPod' the Everything folder has 220 songs and the iPod only has 216. The iPod still has 22.1 MB free

Thanks in advance

Please help! Ipod is working, shows red battery percentage but doesn't show solid orange when I try to charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.