Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jabber accounts not working on messages app

Jabber accounts do not work on messages app since I upgraded to El Capitan. I have verified this with all my coworkers who use jabber. Is there a fix coming soon?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:53 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 2:04 PM in response to cantfindaname88

Hi,

I have issues with Google since Yosemite.

My other Jabber account don't work as the server is no longer in use.

Not a complete list http://www.jabberes.org/servers/ but pink lines are Off line servers.

In Messages > Preferences > Accounts what does the Server Settings pane tell you ?

Is it supposed to be SSL (port 5223) or not (port 5222) ?

What does the server info say on the web ? (I.e. does the particular server have a web site and a help page that might tell you ports and other info)

User uploaded file

10:04 p.m. Wednesday; October 7, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Oct 8, 2015 1:36 PM in response to cantfindaname88

hi,

At this point I have to say I don't have an answer.

It could be the app. (it is listed with a different number to Yosemite's version)

It could be an OS/ Server connection issue. That could be the level of Encryption used or allowed in SSL connections.

See the last section on this Article http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/09/os-x-10-11-el-capitan-the-ars-technica-revi ew/11/#h1

As a test will the server allow NON SSL (port 5222 should show up) connections ?

User uploaded file

9:36 p.m. Thursday; October 8, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Jabber accounts not working on messages app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.