Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I choose to never delete email from trash?

I used to have my email set to never delete from trash. I realized that it was deleting every 7 days now so I tried to fix the settings and when I did the option to never delete is gone. When I go into the advanced settings on my email, it only give me the option to delete every day or every week, there are no other options. Is there a way to get the other options back?

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:17 AM

9 replies

Oct 7, 2015 1:26 PM in response to ashepcc1517

Well, you have decided that Meg's suggestion to check with your email provider is not valid, which is what I was going to suggest as well, since it isn't something in the iOS. User troubleshooting steps are restart, reset. Test after each step. Then the only other option I would know to try is to restore your device from a backup, and if that does not fix it, then restore as new. Then before adding any additional content, only add that one email account. If it isn't there after that, it is the provider.

Oct 7, 2015 1:39 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

The provider is AOL. I've never had issues with it before and checked in their settings online and can't find anything. This issue only arose after the update, along with my iCloud backup being completely deleted and having to start fresh with a new backup. I may just try using their personal app instead of the Mail app. Thanks for your help.

How can I choose to never delete email from trash?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.