Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand won't install (essential) content

After a clean install of El Capitan, GarageBand won't install essential en additional content.

GB keeps on downloading the content every time I restart GB and gives me the same error message once it's time to install the downloaded content:

GarageBand was not able to install the new sounds. Close and re-open GarageBand to download and install them again.

I've tried multiple times to reinstall the complete Mac OS X 10.11 and try again to download & install GB's essential & additional content.

I've check file permissions (Disk Utility in recovery mode) but can not be the problem since i clean installed OS X

When i look at the downloaded packages and try to install them manually from the download location: /private/var/folders/g_/vzmmfp450jgg9j3gg82n4jxh0000gn/C/com.apple.garageband10 /com.apple.MusicApps/audiocontentdownload.apple.com/lp10_ms3_content_2015

I'm only able to install 1 package:MAContent10_GarageBandCoreContent2 the rest of the packages won't install and gives an error:

MAContent10_PremiumPreLoopsChillwave.pkg can't be installed on this disk. An error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the packages.

Please, anyone some tips?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11), External SSD as boot disk

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:14 AM

There are no replies.

GarageBand won't install (essential) content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.