Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I photo after downloading X captain.

Hi! I seem to have the same problems everybody is having downloading the new X captain.

I dont have access to my I photo libary (which did not backsave images before ) and I can not download the version 9.6.1. that is at the apple store but It says I should try later, that it is not available. and I should try later. Please Help, I need access to my Photo libary asap.

iMac

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:23 AM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2015 6:54 AM in response to peregrinoalex

Same problem as everyone else? Same solution as everyone else...

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Oct 14, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Yer_Man

I am asking about bouth. Fotos I cant open when I try to add my Iphoto libary, now it says I cant open it because it is either nor accecible or my info has been damage. my old Iphoto is gone because of the El capitan download. I did through the Iphoto sign with a with a white cross to the garbage to remove it so I could try to download the new version 9.6.1 but it no longer appears in the store when I removed it. So I have a new program call Fotos that I can not use and a i phto library that says is damage and no more I photo program which I can not download.

I photo after downloading X captain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.