Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

export to pdf - scaling the doc

I use numbers (on OS X & iOS) to write my CV. When it I have it formatted exactly how I want it to look, however when exporting to pdf and printed the whole document is scaled to one page.

User uploaded file

If I select 'fill entire paper' the scaling is corrected however it only shows the middle of the document, leaving the rest of the document outside of the crop.

User uploaded file

The work-around I've discovered is to select 'Print' which formats the document in a preview correctly and split across multiple pages, and then to select 'save as pdf' via the print dialog box. This however is not ideal as page numbers are added without the option to remove, and also the work-around is not available on the iOS version of numbers (which is where i most need the option/fix as i work away from home a lot). I've only recently changed to number and pages recently having moved from excel and word. I'd prefer not to go back, however they do provide these formatting options.

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:37 AM

1 reply

export to pdf - scaling the doc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.