Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing not working since latest update. HELP

I have just updated my macbook air and my iPhone 6 and I can't get home sharing to work on the apple TV. I can't even get the remote app to work on my phone, as it keeps saying turn your home sharing on. I have turned it off and back on, I have turned the computer off and back on. I have signed out and back into my iTunes account and I still can't get home sharing to work on my Apple TV or my other devices. I have reset the Apple TV back to factory setting, and updated it - still not working. We have 3 iPhones, 3 iPads, and a macbook and I can't get anything to connect to home sharing. They all are in the same network. It's driving me INSANE.

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:24 AM

6 replies

Oct 11, 2015 12:42 PM in response to jaccb

I finally solved the Home Sharing issue I was having. I had gone into iTunes preferences and made sure that "share my library on my local network" was enabled on the sharing tab but it still wasn't working. In addition to this setting you also need to go to the file menu - home sharing - and Turn on Home Sharing. Seems obvious now but I hadn't noticed this option in the menus before.

Home Sharing not working since latest update. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.