Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searchingmachine: Yahoo instead of Google

Hi there

I'm using MacBook Air 13", middle 2013 OS X El Capitan.

My problem is: When I want to search in Safari with Google and I have set Google as searching machine, it searches with Yahoo ;(. Why???

I have this problem just since 3 hours and I can't get a free apple support because my device is to old.

Can somebody please help me?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11), Installed shortly LCC

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:33 AM

Hi Tlumination,
I understand that you are trying to search using Google but it is displaying results from Yahoo when you are in Safari. I know that it can be frustrating but let's see if we can get that sorted out.
The one thing that comes to mind is to see if you have an Safari Extensions loaded. Go to the drop down menus Safari > Preferences and navigate to Extensions to see if there is a search extension that may be overwriting the default Google option. For more details on extensions, take a look at the article below.
Install and manage Safari extensions on your Mac
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203051

Let me know if this helps.
Take it easy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 10:33 AM in response to Tlumination

Hi Tlumination,
I understand that you are trying to search using Google but it is displaying results from Yahoo when you are in Safari. I know that it can be frustrating but let's see if we can get that sorted out.
The one thing that comes to mind is to see if you have an Safari Extensions loaded. Go to the drop down menus Safari > Preferences and navigate to Extensions to see if there is a search extension that may be overwriting the default Google option. For more details on extensions, take a look at the article below.
Install and manage Safari extensions on your Mac
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203051

Let me know if this helps.
Take it easy

Searchingmachine: Yahoo instead of Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.