Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated Ipod Touch to IOS9-now not detected by Car Stereo

Hi, I have an iPod Touch 5th Generation and since I updated it to iOS9.0.2 my Car Stereo will not detect it any more. The Car Stereo is made by Alpine which has a an ipod/iphone 30pin connection and the official Apple Fire Adapter attached to it; I have had no problems at all with my iTouch until 2 days ago when I updated it from the last version of iOS8 to the new iOS9.0.2 and now my Car will not detect that the device is connected. The word 'ipod' would appear amongst the audio options when I switched the ignition on but since the update I get nothing, the iTouch does not detect any connection either as the Car also charges the device; I have the latest firmware installed on the Stereo so I am stuck with a brick (and playing CD's) unless some kind personin the Community has a solution to my problem.

Thanks

Michael

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 9:00 AM

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset the car system

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

- If still problem that indicates that the iOS update broke compatibility. In that case you will have wait for a firmware update to the car system or another iOS update

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 9:00 AM in response to MichaelDHL

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset the car system

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

- If still problem that indicates that the iOS update broke compatibility. In that case you will have wait for a firmware update to the car system or another iOS update

Oct 7, 2015 9:11 AM in response to lllaass

Hi and thanks for your reply.The earliest Restore Firmware available from Apple is now iOS9 but it seems I may have found a 'solution'; I followed your advice to 'Reset All Settings' and I also disabled the password, connected it to the Car and after 30 seconds or so it was detected and seems to be functioning as normal. The iTouch running iOS8 used to be detected immediately with the password on and still work but time will tell if we have found an actual working solution for the latest iOS

Thanks

Michael

Updated Ipod Touch to IOS9-now not detected by Car Stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.