Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage no longer working with 9.02

imessage is no longer saying delivered but the recipient receives it. They later receive it as a duplicate text message as well. See this forum. It's been in the last 24 hours for several people.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios9/comments/3nr696/bug_imessage_not_saying_delivered_ and_sending_as/

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:52 AM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2015 8:03 AM in response to Lauren1785

I am having the exact same issue! Just spent the last 2 hours on the phone with Apple Support.... I reassured them multiple times that I have tried completely resetting my phone, my network settings- shutting iMessage and facetime off then back on- changing my email and phone number settings on iMessage- I updated my computer- I have literally tried everything and nothing is working. I have however, noticed a pattern with this problem- my iMessage seems to work with my contacts that have downloaded the iOS 9.0.2 software, so maybe there are some compatibility issues. Has anyone else noticed this pattern?

Oct 7, 2015 8:58 AM in response to Lauren1785

Some people have recommended for the time being going in and turning off the "Send as SMS" feature, because even though the iMessage doesn't say delivered it is still being received. This prevents the duplicate text message to the person on the other end. Apple needs to get their act together. I am troubleshooting myself. By far this has been the most troublesome IOS update thus far!

iMessage no longer working with 9.02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.