Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bringing back the old dashboard

As I typed this I discovered the answer to the question I had, so I thought I'd share it.

If anyone else was dismayed after installing El Capitan to find that the Dashboard no longer behaves as an overlay but instead slides in from the left and is only dismissible by clicking an obscure, small arrow key (why? Why not just click to dismiss anywhere on the screen?) you can change this behavior in the Mission Control area of System Preferences. There's a drop down menu that allows you to choose displaying Dashboard as a Space (the new, awful behavior) or as an overlay (the previous perfectly good behavior that they had to "improve" by making worse).

iMac

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:37 AM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2015 9:22 PM in response to rkaufmann87

"how it's supposed to" is a function of how the user themselves use the application in my opinion. The way that it is used in El Capitan is not how it's supposed to work for what I need it to do, which is function as an overlay so that I can use the apps in Dashboard while being able to see data and info in the background.

Anyways it's a moot point since I found a way to get it to work how it's supposed to for me.

Bringing back the old dashboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.