Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CONNECTING IPOD TO CAR VIA USB

I have a fairly new iPod classic. I've been using it for quite a while in my Ford Fusion, with Sync. I've always had problems using it with USB (it works fine when I use the headphone plug) - the USB cord connection was very touchy - the slightest touch to it would disconnect it. However, today, it seemed worse than usual - disconnected several times, and I would push the plug back in (that used to work). Then suddenly Sync announced that the iPod was "empty" and the screen is now frozen, but very dark. You can see the Ford logo and the Sync screen on the iPod. I figured I would have to take it into the Apple store, but thought I would check first to see if this sounds familiar to anyone.

I tried hooking the iPod up to my computer when I got home - doesn't do anything. The computer doesn't even recognize it.

Dave

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:04 AM

1 reply

CONNECTING IPOD TO CAR VIA USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.