Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing to IMAP

I am running OS X 10.10.5 and using Safari 9.0. Can anyone tell me how I change from POP settings to IMAP? Thanks

Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 11:56 AM

Hi terrenceq,

You state you are using Yosemite and Safari but do not mention a mail application. Does that mean you are accessing mail through the web rather than a dedicated email client like Mail? If so you would change the settings with their web interface (website).

I'm not sure who your email provider is but you usually get the email settings from them.

Mail settings you might need from your email provider - Apple Support

Account Type Choose IMAP*, POP, Exchange IMAP, or Exchange EWS1, as directed by your email provider. If you're using a Microsoft Exchange account, see the Exchange setup instructions for Mac or iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

You may also be able to get the settings from the Mail Settings Lookup

Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support

If you are using Mail as the client then you change the settings in its preferences.

Mail (Yosemite): Set Mail preferences

Otherwise visit your mail service web site as mentioned above.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 11:56 AM in response to terrenceq

Hi terrenceq,

You state you are using Yosemite and Safari but do not mention a mail application. Does that mean you are accessing mail through the web rather than a dedicated email client like Mail? If so you would change the settings with their web interface (website).

I'm not sure who your email provider is but you usually get the email settings from them.

Mail settings you might need from your email provider - Apple Support

Account Type Choose IMAP*, POP, Exchange IMAP, or Exchange EWS1, as directed by your email provider. If you're using a Microsoft Exchange account, see the Exchange setup instructions for Mac or iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

You may also be able to get the settings from the Mail Settings Lookup

Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support

If you are using Mail as the client then you change the settings in its preferences.

Mail (Yosemite): Set Mail preferences

Otherwise visit your mail service web site as mentioned above.

Take care.

Changing to IMAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.