Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xcode 7 installation issues

I had xcode 6.3.x (I don't remember what x is) on my Mac Book Pro with Yosemite. I uninstalled it by clicking and holding it in launchpad, then clicking X. Then I rebooted the Mac.

Then I went to app store and searched for Xcode. The app store found Xcode 7.0.1 which showed "Get". I clicked "Get" and it became "Install App". Then I clicked "Install App". At this point, "Install App" remains unchanged and I see the spinner spining at the top left corner.

It seems the app store is not installing Xcode because I don't see Xcode in progress in the launchpad. And if I go to another tab of the app store, the spinner will stop spinning. If I search for Xcode again, the app store will find it again but this time it will show "Get". If I click "Get", the above behavior will start all over again.

My question is how to resolve this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:32 AM

There are no replies.

xcode 7 installation issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.