Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I right click the Numbers icon in Taskbar.......

I notice now that the recent files I have used no longer appear. They are there on Pages, but that facility appears to have gone AWOL. Is there a way of getting the facility back again in Numbers? (Using Numbers 3.5.3). Having recently updated to El Capitan, it initially worked OK, but as I say, has gone AWOL yesterday.

Cheers

altv

MAC (21.5 - inch Mid 2011)-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:58 AM

If all else fails, switch off, unplug, leave for a few minutes, then replug and switch on again!! It is now back to what it should be!! The marvels of modern technology.

Cheers

altv

6 replies

Oct 7, 2015 8:12 AM in response to altv

SGILL

Thanks for coming back, I have notification of your comment, but it is not showing in the post!

Right, I have the semantics wrong, but yes, it is the Dock, and as you can see, I did the same as you have stated, switched off and started again. All now functioning OK.

Cheers

altv

Oct 7, 2015 8:23 AM in response to altv

Hi altv,

All is not well with the forum software. I couldn't see your second post when I posted, but I could see it after I posted.

Apple makes some fine devices, but unfortunately they don't seem to care much about making sure that these forums run smoothly, or we wouldn't be seeing these repeated technical problems with something that isn't exactly rocket science. (I generally don't like to complain here, though.🙂)

Anyway, glad to see your problem on the Mac has cleared up!

SG

When I right click the Numbers icon in Taskbar.......

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.