Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage with new iOS 9.0.2 update

Ever since I updated to the supposed "better" update (9.0.2), whenever I send an iMessage to someone it shows up as a blue bar, but does not say "delivered" underneath. However, 99.9% of the time, the message does actually deliver to the receiving person.

Sometimes, when the phone wants to work properly, it will randomly say it's delivered, but as soon as I send another iMessage, sure enough the "delivered" sign will disappear again.

Just wondering if anybody else is having this problem. I have resorted to everything, (turning my iMessage on and off for awhile, resetting the phone's settings, checking wifi signal, etc) but nothing is working for me. I still have had the issue for 2 days now and this has only happened since i updated my phone.

iOS 9.0.2, null

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:31 AM

yes i have exactly the same problem its been 2 days and its really annoying me can someone please help

7 replies

Oct 7, 2015 8:53 AM in response to StaticFX

I'm curious to know why you don't think its this OS when the latest release reportedly fixed the activation issues? iMessage is channeled through a system that constantly validates your Apple ID. When IOS 9 was released, it stopped cycling that information which brought along the fix to begin with, which wasn't a fix at all. I could understand it not being an OS issue if the lack of iMessage was intermittent but, that's not that case. We are experiencing notable issues in the user experience that has everything to do with the OS. It's the OS dude.

iMessage with new iOS 9.0.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.