Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Dead - Battery/Logic Board Problems?

Wanted to share my issues, see if anyone else has experienced the same problems.

Bought two iPhone 6 soon after they came out last year (9/30), so among the first batch. This past August, I left mine charging overnight (with Apple cable & plug), woke up the next morning it was very hot and didn't turn on. Went to Apple store, no response from the phone when plugged in to the diagnostic program, so they said the logic board was fried and gave me a replacement under warranty.

This morning, my wife wakes up to find the same symptoms - very hot phone, unresponsive. Here's the rub, though: 1-yr warranty ran out last week! Have to wait a week and a half for an appointment at the Apple store, so will see if it's the same deal.

Anyone else had/seen same problems with their iPhone 6? Another defective battery problem like in the 5? Just a very unlucky and odd coincidence? Other ideas?

Thx.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2017 9:41 PM

Happened to me. No overheating - just stopped working out of the blue. No damage or misuse at all. Apple store diagnostic confirmed logic board died on my one-year-old iPhone 6. Apple and Verizon's fix was for me to pay off phone and upgrade to a 7 for - more money! Not an option. Been with Apple my entire 20 year career in design. Brand loyalty and customer care died with Jobs. Apple or Verizon have made no attempt to fix.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2017 9:41 PM in response to Pband

Happened to me. No overheating - just stopped working out of the blue. No damage or misuse at all. Apple store diagnostic confirmed logic board died on my one-year-old iPhone 6. Apple and Verizon's fix was for me to pay off phone and upgrade to a 7 for - more money! Not an option. Been with Apple my entire 20 year career in design. Brand loyalty and customer care died with Jobs. Apple or Verizon have made no attempt to fix.

Nov 2, 2017 11:01 AM in response to HollinsCreative

My daughter has an iPhone 6 S Plus with a logic board issue as well. Took to Apple and they said it is out of warranty and we can purchase a new one from them for 300 plus dollars. They said there is not any physical or water damage that it is just bad luck I guess. I then took to Verizon due to we are paying for the phone. They said there is nothing they can do to help with the issue. We can pay the old phone off and then purchase another phone. Have been Apple users for years and with Verizon 20 plus years and nothing at all either company will do. I would think a phone should work for longer that 24 months without failing. While at the Apple store at the same table was another couple with the same issue with their iPhone 6 and Apple says that there is no known issue with their iPhone 6 model. Not buying that...

Nov 2, 2017 11:26 AM in response to ktkvi

ktkvi wrote:

I would think a phone should work for longer that 24 months without failing.

Usually they do. Sometimes they don't. Yes, it is just bad luck. It feels awful when it happens to you but it does happen. There is a reason warranties on something like a phone are for one year, that you have to pay extra for a second year and that Apple won't warranty it at all after that.

It's also not surprising that, while you were having your phone looked at the Genius Bar, there were other people also having phones looked at. That shouldn't surprise you or be the cause for any more suspicion than if you went to the emergency room with a broken leg and saw someone else with a broken limb. Unless you were both injured in the same event, it's a coincidence, not a conspiracy.

iPhone 6 Dead - Battery/Logic Board Problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.