Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

visual voicemail not working

Visual Voicemail is not working on my iPhone 6s! I have to manually check my voicemails by pressing and holding on number 1 on the dialer screen. does anyone else have this issue? I have tried resetting network in the setting, after the phone boots up, I get all my previous visual voicemails but that's it! I still can't get any new visual voicemails. I also tries changing my voicemail pin but still no luck. this is really annoying.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2, Carrier T-Mobile

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 9:36 AM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2015 10:00 AM in response to samanbabah

samanbabah wrote:

Visual Voicemail is not working on my iPhone 6s! I have to manually check my voicemails by pressing and holding on number 1 on the dialer screen. does anyone else have this issue? I have tried resetting network in the setting, after the phone boots up, I get all my previous visual voicemails but that's it! I still can't get any new visual voicemails. I also tries changing my voicemail pin but still no luck. this is really annoying.

Please contact your cell phone provider and let them know how annoying it is that you can't use their feature Visual Voicemail.

This has nothing to do with Apple, base on your description you need to call your provider and be provisioned again to use Visual Voicemail.

Oct 7, 2015 10:11 AM in response to samanbabah

Am I sure about what? That Visual Voicemail is a carrier feature and not an Apple feature? If so I stand by that 100%.

Do yourself a favor and contact your cell phone provider to resolve the issue. Your 5S works because your phone is set up for visual voicemail through your phone carrier and now that you have a new phone 6 it isn't registered in their system.

Oct 7, 2015 10:16 AM in response to razmee209

Okay I'll give them a call. but just last week I couldn't activate Mobile Hotspot and iMessage on my iPhone so I called T-Mobile and talked to them about an hour or so, long story short they couldn't resolve my problem, a few days later Apple released 9.0.2 and the problem was solved so the problem was from IOS not my carrier. I worry that this could be the case again. I'm gonna give T-Mobile a call and hopefully this time it's from their end and not Apple

visual voicemail not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.