Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently updated the OS in my iPad. Then when I tried to sync it with the Mac Pro it would not sync because the iTunes on that Mac Pro is not the latest version. I cannot update the ITunes or OS any higher on that Mac Pro. What should I do?

I recently updated the OS in my iPad. Then when I tried to sync it with the Mac Pro it would not sync because the iTunes on that Mac Pro is not the latest version. I cannot update the ITunes or OS any higher on that Mac Pro, and the pad won't sync to my newer iMac. What should I do?

iPad Air, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:12 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 2:02 PM in response to Ralph9430

Ralph, thanks for the reply. I had not had a chance to see that you had asked this. The Mac Pro says it is running OS X 10.6.8 and says the iTunes is 11.4. Both of them are the highest level the computer seems to be capable of running.

Is there any way to get this Mac Pro (from 2007 but with a brand new hard drive) to sync with the ipad Air with the IOS 9.0.1? Is there any remedy? If not then how do I get the ipad to now sync (and or be recognized and/or restored) on my newer iMac (which I think has newest versions of itunes and newer OS)? Right now it says my OS is up to date and is OSX 10.7.5 and the itunes is 12.2.25

I recently updated the OS in my iPad. Then when I tried to sync it with the Mac Pro it would not sync because the iTunes on that Mac Pro is not the latest version. I cannot update the ITunes or OS any higher on that Mac Pro. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.