Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has your El Capitan Mac ‘split-screened?’

http://i.imgur.com/R6wnqbd.jpg

I resolved it by force restarting it, so anyone who might experience it can know what to do. But I want to know the trigger, because I was just watching a YouTube video like a normal person would, and then bam! It started to “split-screen.” I think it's a bug in the latest OS X, El Capitan, but I am not sure, and I don't know for sure, so any ideas, so that I can avoid it from happening again?

SPECS:

21.5-inch iMac, mid-2011

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:01 AM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2015 6:43 PM in response to jayrokt

I had this happen to my 2011 27" iMac and in addition to the image splitting and wrapping to the other side of the display it was also locking up and showing other types of display corruption. Eventually it failed to boot at all and ended up being a hardware issue in my case. Keep an eye on it and if it continues to happen or if you see other problems I'd make sure you have secured a full backup and plan to take it in for a repair.

Has your El Capitan Mac ‘split-screened?’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.