Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange account problem

Having switched to El Capitan a few day ago, I am unable to re-set up my work exchange account - "unable to verify account name or password" is all I get. Worked fine on Yosemite and ever since Snow Leopard. Are others facing this bug, too, and is there a known work-around available?

MACBOOK AIR (11-INCH, EARLY 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:28 AM

Well - found a solution finally, detecting a problem with the exchange server's certificate. On the preference menu, click the "enable insecure authentification" box to get the server's full certificate details on screen - the manually accept the certificate. Looks like previous versions were less strict on dealing with certificate security

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 9:28 AM in response to managingdesign

Well - found a solution finally, detecting a problem with the exchange server's certificate. On the preference menu, click the "enable insecure authentification" box to get the server's full certificate details on screen - the manually accept the certificate. Looks like previous versions were less strict on dealing with certificate security

Exchange account problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.