Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4 won't charge after iOS 9.2 update

After the iOS 9.2 update, my daughter's (who has severe autism), her iPad went to the iTunes charging cord screen and wouldn't budge. It took me a couple of hours to finally get the iPad to reinstall the **** update.

Yesterday the iPad ran out of battery and went to the red battery screen and would blink and the device would turn black.

There was no solution to get it out of this mode. I plugged it into my MacBook with a USB & now the iPad won't even do anything. NOTHING. No red battery blinking icon, NADA.

I went to Apple last night & bought a new wall charger. It was plugged into the wall all night.

I tried to power it up, tried to press the home & power buttons at the same time.

NOTHING!

This iPad is showing no sign of life.

I don't have a back up of the photos which are really special to us.

Any advice on what the culprit could be?

How to rectify it?

Did the update cause this? It sure seems like it.

iPad, iOS 9.0.2, Troubleshooting battery dead update

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 9:29 AM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Non616

Hello Non616,

The resource below explains what to do if your iPad will not charge or turn on. It looks like you've tried some of these troubleshooting steps. Using an Apple charger and plugging into a wall outlet versus a computer are important steps. Follow these instructions in the order outlined, and if you still are unable to turn the device on, there is a link to get in contact with our technical support team.

If you backed up your iPad, it may be possible to restore your pictures from a backup. If you enabled iCloud Photo Library, then you may see your images at www.icloud.com. The technical advisor will look into this for you as well.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

Take care

iPad 4 won't charge after iOS 9.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.