Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage only works with iOS 9.0.2 users

Within the past few days my iMessages have stopped working with certain contacts. I am not the only one having this issue. I know of many others that are having this problem. iMessages will ONLY send to iphone users that have iOS 9.0.2. Even if they have iOS 9.0, the iMessages will not send. This must be a bug in the iOS 9.0.2 system. I have turned iMessage on and off numerous times. I have restored my phone, reset network settings and everything else in the book. How do i resolve this issue without having to wait another 3 months for an iOS 9.0.3 or iOS 9.1 update?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:57 AM

I have the same issue. I turned off the option to send as SMS when iMessage in unavailable. They will get the message as iMessage but it won't say delivered. It was driving me crazy until I figured out what was going on!

1 reply

iMessage only works with iOS 9.0.2 users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.