Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dont want all my photos to appear on all my devices

I have icloud on my iphone and also on my daughter's iphone.

Now all her pictures appear in my iphone and all my pictures appear on her iphone.

How do I return to the normal situation that we each have ONLY our own pictures.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:56 AM

Turn iCloud Photo Library OFF.

The real solution is to setup a separate Apple ID for your daughter and use Family Sharing for the items I do want to share.

5 replies

Oct 7, 2015 11:06 AM in response to Michaeltarget

I'm afraid that the moment you linked both devices to the same iCloud Photo Library, everything got combined. You can confirm this checking the photo counts, or using Photos on your Mac.

Once you do setup separate Apple IDs and, therefore, separate iCloud Photo Libraries, you'll have to manually delete your images from her library, and her images from your library.

Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Oct 7, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Rysz

Oops! I forgot to answer your specific question...

Turning OFF iCloud Photo Library will not delete it he images currently on your d vices, but that means you'll still have each other's photos. First:

- In Settings > Photos & Camera > make sure Optimize iPhone Storage is not checked. If it was, uncheck it and give the phones time to download full-resolution images;

- Upload to My Photo Stream should also be OFF.

Once you're no longer syncing to iCloud, Photo Share, or your computer, you can start deleting the unwanted images. Note: If you start deleting from your devices with iCloud Photo Library still on, you're be deleting these images from everywhere!

i dont want all my photos to appear on all my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.