Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imposible to sync apps and games downloaded from Apple Store to PC with iTunes

I have an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.0.2 and when I tried to sync all my apps and games downloaded from apple store, iTunes dont sync (There no any error in the screen, just dont tranfer the apps and games).

PD: I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4 and already sync all apps and games that I downloaded in apple store.

And yes, I re-install iTunes with the last version and reset my iPad and keep with that problem, dont copy games to PC.

iPad Air, iOS 9.0.2, iPad Air 2 iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:18 AM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2015 4:20 PM in response to Rockstady911

Wwith iOS 9 you are no longer able to move apps from a device to iTunes. iOS 9 uses a system called App Thinning. With it, when you download or update an app on a device, only the resources needed for that specific device are downloaded. This makes the download substantialy smaller and quicker. That's a good thing!

But it also means that that exact version is useless to any other device, so it doesn't get moved to iTunes. If you do want it in iTunes, you have to download it from the App Store directly (or set this to be done automatically). Personally, I stopped keeping copies of apps in iTunes - no reason to waste disk space. I can always renown load from the store.

Oct 7, 2015 4:25 PM in response to Rockstady911

With iOS 9 they won't copy back from a device, possibly due a new developer feature that will allow only what needs to be downloaded to a device to be downloaded to it - so they may not be 'complete' apps and not installable on other devices. You will need to download them on your computer's iTunes (you can turn on automatic downloads on the Store tab in Preferences on your computer's iTunes so that new app purchases automatically download on it)

Imposible to sync apps and games downloaded from Apple Store to PC with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.