Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update crashed my macbook pro model 1278 - will not power all the way up. Apperas to br stuck in sleep mode?

Update crashed my macbook pro model 1278 - will not power all the way up. Apperas to br stuck in sleep mode?

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:17 PM

Greetings billnj71,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the Mac will not power on all the way. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

If your Mac won't turn on - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 2:17 PM in response to billnj71

Greetings billnj71,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the Mac will not power on all the way. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

If your Mac won't turn on - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

Oct 7, 2015 2:25 PM in response to mario49

Thanks for the quick replys!! i have not been able to reset the the smc or pram using these instructions 😟 i cant get to the apple sign or anything other than the black screen - i also tried letting thr battery die - didnt work - tje i took the back panel and disconnected the battery - didnt work - uggghhh thanks for any otjer info u have regarding the safari update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.