Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep getting notification to update iPhoto. iPhoto not on my 5K iMac. How do I make it go away?

Last Wednesday, before I updated my 5K iMac (Late 2014) to El Capitan I started getting a notification to update iPhoto to version 9.6.1. iPhoto is not installed on my iMac which came with Yosemite installed on it and I don't think iPhoto was ever installed on it. After I updated to El Capitan, I am still getting the notice in Apple Store Updates. When I click to run the update, I get the message that the update is not currently available in the Apple Store. I am not interested in having iPhoto on my iMac. How do I make the notices go away? I know in Windows, you can hide updates you do not want, but that doesn't seem to be available on Macs.

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:11 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 8:24 PM in response to texas44

Do you have a backup volume still connected to your iMac which could contain an old copy of iPhoto. I seem to recall having issues similar to this and I found that Spotlight was indexing my external backup drive. If so try adding your backup to the Privacy tab in Spotlight settings so its contents aren't seen by Spotlight.

Keep getting notification to update iPhoto. iPhoto not on my 5K iMac. How do I make it go away?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.