Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloaded el capitan. lost bluetooth. Mouse works but won't scroll

I downloaded El Capitan yesterday on my iMac.

Now I no longer have bluetooth hardware installed. My Apple mouse works but won't scroll.

OS X Version 10.11

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

2.5 GHz intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

iMac

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:50 AM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2015 4:54 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Well that tells me the problem but is there anything I can do about it? Report generated 10/7/15, 5:38 PM Download EtreCheck from http://etresoft.com/etrecheck Click the [Click for support] links for help with non-Apple products. Click the [Click for details] links for more information about that line. Hardware Information: (What does this mean?) iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) [Click for Technical Specifications] [Click for User Guide] iMac - model: iMac12,1 1 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 CPU: 4-core 4 GB RAM Upgradeable [Click for upgrade instructions] BANK 0/DIMM0 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz ok BANK 1/DIMM0 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz ok BANK 0/DIMM1 Empty BANK 1/DIMM1 Empty Bluetooth: Old - Handoff/Airdrop2 not supported Wireless: en1: 802.11 a/b/g/n

Oct 7, 2015 7:30 PM in response to slstadnyk

We had the same problem where the bluetooth keyboard no longer could be found. The bluetooth capability on System Preferences had disappeared entirely, and the icon on the top toolbar was greyed out. I did find a potential fix where somehow the upgrade 'hid' the bluetooth capability, so I was prepared to unhide it. But my wife decided to just hard reboot a couple off times, and that seemed to beat the machine into submission. Now it works flawlessly.

downloaded el capitan. lost bluetooth. Mouse works but won't scroll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.