Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to log out the Previous apple Id & add the new apple Id.

I have a gifted iphone 5c from my boss. He now went to foreign.

When I started the phone , it is asking me a apple id. It shows my boss number & two tab to fill apple id & pwd.

Shall I ask the previous apple ID from my boss or is there any other way from which I can able to erase all previous data?

Please help me.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 11:07 AM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2015 11:16 AM in response to rajoo91291

This is a feature called Activation Lock. It is designed to prevent thieves from setting up and using stolen devices. Ask your boss to go too iCloud.com and sign in with his Apple ID and password. He can then remove the iPhone he gave you from the list of his devices. This will allow you to Reset the phone as new and use your own Apple ID and password.

Need to log out the Previous apple Id & add the new apple Id.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.