Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck update badge (Aperture)

I've seen people having similar issues but mine is somehow different.

I used El Capitan beta for a while and i decided to just go for a clean install of the release version.
So i initialized my disc, installed El Capitan, and started fresh. NO TIME MACHINE BACKUP WAS APPLIED.

I just copied back some of my old games and apps but i didn't mess with preference files and just started everything fresh.

Now my App Store shows an Aperture 3.6 Update. Thing is Aperture is not installed on the machine, and even before the OS reinstall it wasn't on my machine for a long time. i stopped using it around Q1 2014 and just deleted it.

So i can't remove it to make the update warning go away. I have no installers of it apart from my old DVD, which i can't use as i have no drives at all.
Aperture is not on the App Store either as it's been discontinued so i can't even find it to install/fix it. I tried to hide it from my purchase tab. No luck, the update warning stays.

If i click on update i get a warning "bla bla temporarily unavailable".

I don't know what to do. That 1 badge on my app store bugs the ef out of me...

iCloud-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:54 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 7:14 AM in response to Linc Davis

As stated there are no copies of the app whatsoever on the mac. everything has been installed from scratch. not even a chance that old pref files or signatures got carried over since i manually copied back only the app support folders i was interested in.
The only thing related to Aperture is my old library file which is stored on an external hard drive.

Stuck update badge (Aperture)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.