Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Project duration. I don't get it.

I am trying my best to learn Motion and cannot get past project duration. I would like to create a 10 second generator. I have set the duration in both preference panes and it always creates a 5 second project. I am doing something wrong but I don't know what. Please help.

Thanks,

Tom

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 3 GHz 8-Core with 32 GB Ram

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:23 PM

The setting in the prefs is for the default length of new projects. It has no effect on the current project. Unfortunately it also has no effect on new projects until you Quit and relaunch Motion.

When you create a new project, in the project browser, it shows the length of the project that you're going to create.

You can change it there.

If you already created the project and it's too long (or short), you can change the length of the project in a couple of places.

Select the Project in the layers list and show its properties in the inspector (or just hit cmd+j to select and show the project properties).

- Set the Duration to what you need.

Click the clock widget in the center of the tool bar. This switches between showing the current time to the project duration. When it's showing duration, double click in the frame/timecode and type in the new project duration. You can also switch between current and duration via the little downward arrow next to the frames/timecode display.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 12:23 PM in response to Thomas Whaley

The setting in the prefs is for the default length of new projects. It has no effect on the current project. Unfortunately it also has no effect on new projects until you Quit and relaunch Motion.

When you create a new project, in the project browser, it shows the length of the project that you're going to create.

You can change it there.

If you already created the project and it's too long (or short), you can change the length of the project in a couple of places.

Select the Project in the layers list and show its properties in the inspector (or just hit cmd+j to select and show the project properties).

- Set the Duration to what you need.

Click the clock widget in the center of the tool bar. This switches between showing the current time to the project duration. When it's showing duration, double click in the frame/timecode and type in the new project duration. You can also switch between current and duration via the little downward arrow next to the frames/timecode display.

Project duration. I don't get it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.