Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a macbook air and iphoto has disappeared and i can not re download as i am in the uk apparently? Any help on how i can upload pictures to my laptop?

I can not upload pictures to my macbook as iphoto has deleted its self

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:56 AM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2015 11:07 AM in response to amymiller468

Has iPhoto only gone from the Dock or vanished from the Applications folder as well?

Did you recently update your MacOS X? If you upgraded to MacOS X 10.3 or later, you need to update to iPhoto 9.6.1.

Apple stopped the development of iPhoto, and updating using the Updates tab does not work right now.

Don't try to update from the Updates tab at the App Store, move the incompatible iPhoto application from the Applications folder to the Trash (don't empty the Trash!), then try to update by reinstalling the iPhoto application from the Purchases tab of the App Store.

See Barney's User Tip for details:

Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store

Oct 7, 2015 1:05 PM in response to amymiller468

Try, if your purchase is hidden: See this link: Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store - Apple Support

Also, check if you have used the AppleID that you used, when you installed iPhoto. Perhaps a different AppleID will make iPhoto show at the AppStore.

If you cannot get iPhoto to show among your purchases, only Apple Support can help, but it is not guaranteed, that they will help, if you did not buy iPhoto from the appStore.

I have a macbook air and iphoto has disappeared and i can not re download as i am in the uk apparently? Any help on how i can upload pictures to my laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.