Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring deleted messages

I've accidentally deleted a whole conversation instead of just one message - too easy to do in my view 😟. How can I restore that contact's messages? I have backup to iCloud on but don't know how to access just this person's messages? Would be good to have a simple formula for doing just this on the iPhone. The messages seem to still be there in iMessage on my iMac?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 1:55 PM

Assuming for sure that message as included in icloud backup you would need to restore from that backup.

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

settings - general - reset - erase all contents and settings - this will wipe your phone CLEAN NO DATA, once the process is done then you will have the option during the setup to restore back from your icloud backup.

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 1:55 PM in response to Chloe138

Assuming for sure that message as included in icloud backup you would need to restore from that backup.

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

settings - general - reset - erase all contents and settings - this will wipe your phone CLEAN NO DATA, once the process is done then you will have the option during the setup to restore back from your icloud backup.

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Restoring deleted messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.