Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.0.1 / 2 crashing iPad 3 constantly

I updated to iOS 9 recently on my iPad and at first things went well...a wee bit slower, but not bad. After updating to 9.0.1 it was slower and the crashes started intermittently. I could not update to 9.0.2 until tonight as it kept hanging on "verifying...", but it updated tonight, now it is crashing on every app, just taken 1.5 hours to download a magazine and I can't even get it to open now. I also can't access the update information to confirm I now have 9.0.2 installed as it fails every time.

Tried hard reset (several times)

Tried resetting all settings - no improvement.

Should I wait and hope for a 9.0.3 to resolve these issues...how though, given the update fails?

Should I downgrade to iOS 8? if so is a UK iPad 3 GSM or CDMA?

Feeling hacked off as I wish I'd left it at iOS 7 as since then it has been sluggish. I know I need a new iPad, but I was planing to use this as a controller for Logic but it's so crappy now, it's like junk. If I can install 7 - any idea how? Sort it out apple

Cheers Neale

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 11:13 AM

There are no replies.

iOS 9.0.1 / 2 crashing iPad 3 constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.