Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recevied this email in my mail account thru Gmail when i open it it crashes apple mail. iwas able to delete it from Gmail but can not get it out of apple mail any way to remove it???

I recevied an email in my mail account thru Gmail when ever i try to Open or delete it it crashes my apple mail. i was able to delete it from Gmail but can not do anything with it in apple mail. is there a way to get rid of it???

Thanks

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 4:12 PM

Hello michaelf1222,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you've received an email that is causing Mail to quit unexpectedly, you were able to delete it from webmail, but it's still causing Mail to quit, then I suggest that you open Mail by holding the Shift key. This will prevent Mail from opening any messages, and should allow you to have the Mail synced with the servers, thus removing the troublesome email.

Mail may quit when you view an email message that is malformed or damaged, and it may continue to quit as long as the message remains selected. Resolve the issue by following these steps to delete the message:

1. Open Mail and immediately hold the Shift key until Mail opens. This causes Mail to open without any message or mailbox selected.
  2. Hide the message viewer portion of the window by carefully dragging the thin separator bar between it and your list of messages. Keep dragging until Mail shows only the list of messages, not the message viewer. In this view, you can see messages only by double-clicking to open the message.
  3. Click the affected message once to select it without opening it. Then press Delete or choose Message > Move to > Trash.

If Mail unexpectedly quits when viewing certain messages - Apple Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 4:12 PM in response to michaelf1222

Hello michaelf1222,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you've received an email that is causing Mail to quit unexpectedly, you were able to delete it from webmail, but it's still causing Mail to quit, then I suggest that you open Mail by holding the Shift key. This will prevent Mail from opening any messages, and should allow you to have the Mail synced with the servers, thus removing the troublesome email.

Mail may quit when you view an email message that is malformed or damaged, and it may continue to quit as long as the message remains selected. Resolve the issue by following these steps to delete the message:

1. Open Mail and immediately hold the Shift key until Mail opens. This causes Mail to open without any message or mailbox selected.
  2. Hide the message viewer portion of the window by carefully dragging the thin separator bar between it and your list of messages. Keep dragging until Mail shows only the list of messages, not the message viewer. In this view, you can see messages only by double-clicking to open the message.
  3. Click the affected message once to select it without opening it. Then press Delete or choose Message > Move to > Trash.

If Mail unexpectedly quits when viewing certain messages - Apple Support

Take care.

I recevied this email in my mail account thru Gmail when i open it it crashes apple mail. iwas able to delete it from Gmail but can not get it out of apple mail any way to remove it???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.