Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro display inverts colors when connected to any external monitor

I have a MacBook Pro, 15-inch (Mid 2012) with a standard 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 processor. All other hardware is standard and stock, (such as 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory.)

The issue I'm having is that whenever my Mac is connected to an external display, such as an HD TV via a high-speed HDMI cable, the display on my Mac becomes inverted in color. I seem to have tried every possible solution, such as other displays, different cables, and even a different Mini DisplayPort converter (which is necessary because this MacBook did not come with a HDMI port as part of the base deck.)

No settings are irregular in terms of Accessibility or Universal Access, the Mac display simply inverts all colors no matter what aspect ratio is configured. Additionally when I connected my Mac to a brand new 4k Television, the computer could not even recognize the TV's internal speakers and therefore could not output sound through the TV.

In my mind, something is wrong with the physical Mini DisplayPort and that is what is causing the issue. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what else I should try? Thank you!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 11:36 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro display inverts colors when connected to any external monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.