Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't restore or update an iPad after IO9 update.

After updating to IO9, an iPad will not load the OS, let me restore, update or charge it. It does get recognized when I plug it into my iTunes account and it states the iPad needs to restored or updated. When I choose to do either, several minutes later nothing happens. Is there a full reboot/ reset because I have tried the standard holding the home & sleep/wake buttons simultaneously and that doesn't work. Now I try to charge it, and it doesn't charge. Suggestions please...

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 11:47 AM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2015 2:55 PM in response to TechTeach@SHHSLA

Hi there!

It sounds like you are unable to use your phone, or restore it with iTunes. It seems you may need to manually put the device into Recovery mode with the steps in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Another thought I had is that the USB connection between the computer and the iPad may need to be troubleshot as well, if the above article doesn't resolve it:

Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I can't restore or update an iPad after IO9 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.