Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 9 with El Capitan

After upgrading to El Capitan the preview pane in iMovie 9 is not working.

Please help!!!!!

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:11 PM

2 replies

Feb 19, 2016 11:39 AM in response to hyndman

I just spent over 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Apple trying to resolve the conflicts between El Capitan and iMovie 9. My problem, after upgrading to El Capitan, was not being able to display still images in the preview window of iMovie 9. I wanted to continue to use iMovie 9 because of the "beat marker" feature (which is not available in iMovie 10). Unfortunately, there are appears to be no work around (at this point) that will enable the use of iMovie 9 with El Capitan. If we want to use "beat markers", we will either have to return to using with Yosemite with iMovie 9... or upgrade to Final Cut Pro. This is, incredibly, disappointing and frustrating that Apple would decide to "downgrade" iMovie 10 by dropping the "beat marker" editing feature. Hopefully, Apple will decide to restore the "beat marker" feature to iMovie 10... so El Capitan users will have access to the "beat marker" feature without having to upgrade to Final Cut Pro.

iMovie 9 with El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.