Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari top sites, missing block?

I have this weird problem with top sites, it actually happened quite a while ago but i havent gotten around to it until now, basically when i open top sites, theres one empty block space, as you can see in the following screenshot. all the blacked out websites work perfectly fine and they can be moved around to all the spaces, but theres always one empty space left. when i change the amount of top sites i want shown to six the empty block disappears, but when i have 12 or 24 top sites shown, its always there. Honestly I have no idea if i caused this or it happened for some other reason. Any ideas? Thanks for your time! User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 3:40 AM

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Remove All Website Data

Restart your Mac then launch Safari then check your Top Sites.

If that didn't help, open the Finder.

From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following;

~/Library/Safari/TopSites.plist

Click Go then move the TopSites.plist file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari and check your Top Sites.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 3:40 AM in response to AMATSI

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Remove All Website Data

Restart your Mac then launch Safari then check your Top Sites.

If that didn't help, open the Finder.

From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following;

~/Library/Safari/TopSites.plist

Click Go then move the TopSites.plist file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari and check your Top Sites.

safari top sites, missing block?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.