Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I batch bounce in Logic Pro X?

I recorded all my songs onto 6 tracks into Logic Pro X. Can I name my regions and bounce said regions so that the resulting files have the same names as those regions... all in a batch? Right now, I'm selecting each region I want, command B, then I have to name the file, click save, wait for it to render, then move onto the next region when it's done. Annoying and takes a while.

There's got to be a faster way to do this, no?

BTW, I've googled this, asked on FB and other places and I can't seem to get a straight answer.
HELP!

Here's a video I made that explains my problem:

https://youtu.be/ZS_0PFvbDcE

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 10:53 AM

No, there's no batch Bounce function. Normally, the way LPX and most DAW's are set up, you record one song in one project. I've never seen multiple songs done in a single project before. But anyway, no, no batch bounce.

What you could do, and not sure this would be any faster, is create an Alternative of your project. In that, select all the regions to a song. File > Bounce > Regions In Place. This will create a new mixed down region in a new Track. Then you can delete all your original tracks (they should be preserved in the original version, File > Alternative). Once that is done, all your songs are in their own tracks, one region per track, line them all up at the start of the project, then File > Export > All Tracks As Audio Files.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 10:53 AM in response to bt017

No, there's no batch Bounce function. Normally, the way LPX and most DAW's are set up, you record one song in one project. I've never seen multiple songs done in a single project before. But anyway, no, no batch bounce.

What you could do, and not sure this would be any faster, is create an Alternative of your project. In that, select all the regions to a song. File > Bounce > Regions In Place. This will create a new mixed down region in a new Track. Then you can delete all your original tracks (they should be preserved in the original version, File > Alternative). Once that is done, all your songs are in their own tracks, one region per track, line them all up at the start of the project, then File > Export > All Tracks As Audio Files.

Oct 8, 2015 10:55 AM in response to BenB

Sadly, not the answer I was looking for... but it does seem that you're right. I know you haven't heard of this, but imagine, I've set up my Zoom H6 (6 track recorder) at a concert. I've got a line straight from the bass player, and 5 live mics setup. I record all that to SD card.. then drop all 6 of those tracks into logic. I can add all the neat plug ins, reverb, EQ and make each line sound great.

What ***** now, is that there seems no to be no easy way to cut that giant track up and bounce by regions. THAT is what I'm trying to do.

Doesn't seem that weird to me. Wish you could do it in Logic... then it would be PERFECT.

Can I batch bounce in Logic Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.