Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn the carrier on my phone off?

Im trying to turn my carrier on the phone off so I can use my Apple ID and text other Iphones on the Imessage app. I have went in 'settings' and gone under 'cellular' and turned off 'cellular data' but the carrier (which is Sprint) still shows at the top of the screen next to the Wi-Fi. How can I Fix this so I can text?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:40 PM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Ms._.Knifey

If you want to use your Apple ID rather than your phone number to start and send iMessages, go to Settings>Messages>Send and Receive>Start Conversation From. Unless you put the device into Airplane mode and turn Wi-Fi back on, it is going to take the phone number. You cannot remove the checkmark from the phone number. The Start Conversation option will only appear if you have the phone number and Apple ID selected. There has to be more than one selected. If the phone is still active, turning cellular data off is not going to remove the Carrier name from the status bar.

How do I turn the carrier on my phone off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.