Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applescript to activate safari tab with URL and paste data into field on page

Hello,

I have a little automator or applescript task I am struggling with. I want to copy a text paragraph from my text editor into an open safari window that has specific URL loaded and paste it in a field. If tab with that URL is not already loaded, then I want it to open a new safari window and go to the URL., wait for URL to load then paste the text in the field. I don't want to reload the page if it is already open and loaded. The problem is with so many windows and tabs that may be the first window and make it the front window. So, the couple lines of code I am struggling with is to find the first tab with the URL and bring it to the front or slide to the desktop with the loaded page.

Thanks very much if you are able to do it. there is one line of code that will activate the window with tab with URL, but I lost it when I did an UNDO too fast and it jumbled it it up.

-Dan

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:21 PM

There are no replies.

Applescript to activate safari tab with URL and paste data into field on page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.